1. The scientific and technical journal “Bulletin of RSTU” publishes materials of the following types: scientific articles, scientific reviews, peer reviews and reports.
2. Materials of the articles are presented as texts, formatted and printed on a laser or inkjet printer (suitable for scanning) on white paper A4 (210×297 mm) in a single copy. The recommended article length is 4-10 pages.
Simultaneously, the text is presented as a file in a text editor Word for Windows, font Times New Roman, 11 pt, line spacing – single, full justification, paragraph indention – 1.25 cm, all fields – 20 mm.
3. The first page should specify:
UDC (Universal Decimal Classification) – in the upper left corner;
authors’ names – center, italics;
article title – capital letters, bold, center, without hyphenation;
article text – printed with hyphenation.
The article should contain the introductory part, the object of scientific research, the main part and conclusions.
4. Each scientific article must have bibliography drawn up in accordance with publishing rules.
5. It is necessary for each scientific paper to introduce keywords and annotations. While publishing scientific articles in Russian key words and abstracts in Russian and English are obligatory requirements. When publishing scientific articles in a foreign language keywords and annotations in Russian and foreign languages are obligatory.
6. Latin letters are typed in italics, Greek and Russian alphabets letters – in Roman. Mathematical symbols lim, ln, arg, const, sin, cos, min, max, and etc. are typed in Roman.
7. Formulas. Whilst typing formulas use the formula editor Math Type – Equation.
Large formulas should be divided into separate fragments. Formula fragments should be independent as possible (in formula editor each line is a separate object). Numbering should be printed in Word apart from formulas. Formulas should have center line position.
The letters J and I, e and l, h and n, q, and g , V and U, O (the letter) and 0 (zero) should vary in form.
Dash, hyphen, “minus” should be denoted by appropriate signs.
Only those formulas which are referred to in the text should be numbered.
Symbols, terms and illustrated material must correspond to current state standards.
8. Drawings and photos (no more than five) carried out accurately and clearly should be placed in order of their references in the text, the caption inscription is obligatory.
9. Bibliography should represent a general list at the end of the article and drawn up in accordance with the sequence of references in the text which are denoted in brackets. Bibliography should correspond to the State Standards (GOST) 7.1-2003.
The translation of bibliography into English must be provided.
The text should be carefully edited and ready for page-planning and computer formatting.
10. The article should be signed by all authors.
The article is accompanied by a letter of recommendation signed by the head of the organization concerning presenting the article for publication in the journal “Bulletin of RSTU.”
Materials attached to the article are printed on a separate sheet.
11. Information about authors (in Russian and English) should contain:
Surname, name of the author (in full, no abbreviations).
Work place of each author in the nominative case (the full name without abbreviations).
The mailing address of the work place with the postcode.
Academic degree, academic title, position.
It is important to specify clearly the location of the work place of a particular author avoiding some other treatments. If all authors are working or studying in the same institution, it’s not necesssary to specify the work place of each author separately.
Information on item 7 is prepared for each author separately as mentioned in the article.
12. Annotation (in Russian and English):
The article title (in capital letters, bold).
Abstract (summary of the article including 3-4 sentences).
Each keyword or phrase is separated by commas.
Examples of annotations and information about the authors are enclosed.